October 7, 2009

Contest: Cirque Du Freak

The Vampire's Assistant hits theatres on October 23rd, and I can't wait. (There was a sneak peek for children in my area, which made me madly jealous.) The book series, by Darren Shan, started coming out when I was in fifth grade. I continued reading it through high school since I wanted to know what happened - and the big reveals at the end were definitely surprising. Luckily, my friends shared my taste so they didn't make fun of me for reading a gory kids' series.

The movie stars John C. Reilly as Mr. Crepsley, which I'm still on the fence about. At least the trailer looks funny! The description of the movie is basic, which I find somewhat frustrating.
Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant, based on the popular series of books by Darren Shan, is a fantasy-adventure about a teenager who unknowingly breaks a 200-year-old truce between two warring factions of vampires. Pulled into a fantastic life of misunderstood sideshow freaks and grotesque creatures of the night, one teen will vanish from the safety of a boring existence and fulfill his destiny in a place drawn from nightmares.




But if you haven't read the books yet, don't worry! I've got just the prize for two people. It includes a Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant locker mirror and the movie tie-in edition, which includes the first three Cirque Du Freak novels, CIRQUE DU FREAK, THE VAMPIRE'S ASSISTANT, and TUNNEL OF BLOOD.
Do you love to be scared? Then don't miss the terrifying adventure that begins when Darren and his best friend, Steve, get tickets to the CIRQUE DU FREAK, a wonderfully bizarre and creepy freak show. Brace yourself for thrills and chills as the boys witness a parade of grotesque creatures and face their deepest fears by entering the darkest world of the vampire. In the blood-curdling tradition of Anne Rice and Stephen King, CIRQUE DU FREAK will have you shrieking for the next horror show!


Here's the rules to enter:
Live in the US and be older than 13.
Comment below with the title of your favorite horror movie.
Get extra entries by following (two for those who are already following), Twittering (one per person), and voting on the widget below.

Contest ends Oct 21.






26 comments:

  1. My favorite horror movie was poltergiest.
    +2 already following
    +1 voted for There is a little freak in all of us.
    +1 twittered

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is An American Haunting.

    I am already a follower.

    I voted for There is a little freak in all of us.

    bacchus76 at myself dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fav. horror movie? signs. aliens = nightmares for a week.... yeah.

    i posted at twitter.com/haleymathiot

    and http://haleymathiot.blogspot.com/2009/10/contests.html

    voted on the widget for Vamp Powers

    and i'm a follower

    haleymathiot at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friday the 13th *shudders*

    +2 I am an old blogger follower!

    +1 I voted for “I have awesome vampire powers”

    Shadowofwonder47[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a favorite horror movie, because in general I DO NOT do scary. But I just saw Zombieland and liked it. What that means, I have no idea. :)
    +2 I follow (already did)
    +1 voting on the widget (there's a little freak in all of us)

    Thanks!

    celialarsen(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to say my favorite horror flick is Christine.

    +2 already follow
    +1 voted for I have awesome vampire powers


    thebookvixen [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great contest! I haven't read any of these yet and would love to. Thanks for your giveaway!

    I don't know if I would call it a favorite but the first movie that scared the crap out of me was the first Halloween movie. When it came out there wasn't anything like it and I saw it at the drive-in. EEK!
    +2 already follow
    +1 voted

    5wrights1[at]verizon[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok the movie that scared me the most of Signs. Dumb I know but it freaked me out!

    +2 I follow your blog
    +1 voted for 100% Fread :)

    foltzsfantasticbooks at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess my fav would have to be The Shining!
    Do you think a person will still enjoy this movie if they haven't read the books?
    +2 Follower
    +1 Voted-Theres a little freak in all of us!I really like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know if this is technically horror - but I love the original - The Fog.

    +2 follower
    +1 voted for 100% Freak
    +1 Tweeted: http://twitter.com/bookgoil/status/4721676941

    bittahsweetharmony@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love to win these! The movie previews peaked my interest, but I always try to read the books first...Count me in!
    Favorite horror movie....that's a tough one...I'd go with Halloween.

    grgenius(at)go(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. +1 I think mine is this crazy, cheesy B (or C or D) movie I used to watch with my dad, called Killer Klowns From Outer Space. Cheesy and gross and awesome.
    +2 I am a follower
    +1 I voted!

    ~Misty
    mbradenwf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary D
    zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    My favorite would be Interview with the Vampire :)

    +1 I signed up to follow in Google
    +1 voted for there is a little freak in all of us

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know if these would be my favorite - but a couple that freaked me out were Witchboard and Thirteen Ghosts!

    I am an old follower.

    I voted.

    kherbrand at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite horror movie is The Devils Rejects

    +2 already follower
    +1 voted

    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite horror film is Halloween. I am still scared sh-tless of Michael Myers and that creepy music, OMG.

    +2 already following
    +1 voted on the widget
    +1 tweeted http://twitter.com/booksandwine/status/4799808111

    goodbooksandgoodwine[@]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. +1 Voted on Poll
    +1 My favorite horror movie would have to be the Exorcist!

    n_monzyk_27@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. +1 my favorite horror movie is IT

    +1 voted in the poll for " theres a little freak in all of us"


    van

    Littopandaxpress(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i voted for 100% freak
    :)

    tay.voss@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite horror movie is Poltergeist...They're here!

    -Becky
    libridilectio@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. -My favorit horror movie would be Sixth Sense.

    -I am now following

    -I voted on the widget.

    Sue
    okibi_insanity[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amittyville Horror always freaked me out no matter how many times I have seen it.

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a follower

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favorite horror movie. . .hmmm, I guess I'll have to go with Saw!

    +1 I am a new follower
    +1 I tweeted it
    I voted for I <3 Freaks

    zedster.tbb(at)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...