May 1, 2010

I suppose I should wait 'til Wednesday . . .

I am excited about Colin Meloy's deal with HarperCollins: a trilogy, called Wildwood, coming in Fall 2011 and illustrated by his wife Carson Ellis.

The press release says:

"The germ of this series goes back a long way,” Meloy said. “For me, this is the culmination of a long-term collaboration with Carson, matching words and art. I grew up on a steady diet of Lloyd Alexander, Roald Dahl, and Tolkien; this is our humble paean to that grand tradition of epic adventure stories."Ellis commented, “Wildwood is a project very close to my heart - the collaboration that Colin and I have been dreaming about for years.”


I love the Decemberists, Ellis's artwork, Lloyd Alexander, Roald Dahl, and Tolkien. Though there are some naysayers, I think Meloy's work with the Decemberists proves he has a way with words and a grasp of narrative. (Hey, I like them enough to have seen them in concert twice.)

Below is a fan video to "The Mariner's Revenge Song":

5 comments:

  1. I love the Decemberists too! They give an awesome concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That they do! And driving 3 hours to see The Hazards of Love was worth it - they did so much with an incredibly simple backdrop and lights. (Their roadies were working like crazy getting all the right instruments in the right place!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya -- you're a winner from the SASS blog bash! Shoot me your mailing info at micol@micolostow.com and I can get those books out to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Decemberists, too! That is crazy good news. I love that they love Lloyd Alexander. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...