April 2, 2011

Happy International Children's Books Day!

April 2 is International Children's Books Day, in honor of Hans Christian Anderson's birthday. This year the international sponsor of ICBD is Estonia. A message from author Aino Pervik can be found by following the link on the USBBYP site.

To celebrate, I'm going to look at the international visitors to IBWB!

This week, there were more visitors from France than the United States. I don't know why I struck a chord with the French, but I'm grateful for the attention anyway. I unfortunately didn't get to visit France while I was in Europe, but I've heard good things. This week, countries 3-9 were Canada, Russia, Germany, Hong Kong, the UK, Iran, Brazil, and Ukraine. I'm familiar with some Canadian, German, and UK bloggers, but puzzled about how everyone else found me! I can only be happy that my words have reached a variety of people. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you come again.

Here's my challenge for you, today: give a book to someone under the age of 13. I don't care whether you do it directly or through a charity. It can be something you loved, something new that's now being hyped, or something you discover poking around the site on ICBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...