January 2, 2013

My Most Anticipated Releases of 2013

For each month I (mostly) picked one sequel, one book by a debut author, and one book by a more established author.  There are books I'm anticipating that aren't on this list because I already have a copy.  Despite organizing them month by month, many dates are tentative (and some were made up by me).  Sometimes I fudged the dates a little to make things fit.  I gave up on December really.

I am sorry guys, but I have no clue what I'm gonna read in December.  Eliminating books from earlier in the year took all the fight out of me.

Hooked January: Shades of Earth by Beth Revis (Across the Universe, Book 3)
 Paper Valentine by Brenda Yovanoff
Hooked by Liz Fichera

February: The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines, Book 3)
Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter (Heist Society, Book 3)
City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster

The Summer Prince March: The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson
Spellcaster by Claudia Gray
Poison by Bridget Zinn

April: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (His Fair Assassin, Book 2)
Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins (Sweet Evil, Book 2)
In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters

Doll Bones May: Dr. Radway's Sasparilla Resolvent by Beth Kephart (Companion to Dangerous Neighbors)
Doll Bones by Holly Black
Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan

June: Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund (For Darkness Shows the Stars, Book 2)
Ashes on the Waves by Mary Lindsey
Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

All Our Pretty Songs July: Drachomachia by Rachel Hartman (Seraphina, Book 2)
Vortex by S. J. Kincaid (Insignia, Book 2)
Starglass by Phoebe North

August: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
All Our Pretty Songs by Sarah McCarry

Battle Magic September:  Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan (The Lynburn Legacy, Book 2)
Currently untitled by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle, Book 2)
Taste Test by Kelly Fiore

October: Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce
Reality Boy by A.S. King
A Point So Delicate by Brandy Colbert

November: Currently untitled by Laura and Lisa Roecker (Liar Society, Book 3)
Tandem by Anna Jarzab
Landry Park by Bethany Hagen

December: Currently untitled by Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Minds, Book 2)
Paradise by Janet Fox

I'm considering this an unofficial Waiting On Wednesday, which is hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of most of the tiles in your unofficial WoW post but I am definitely looking forward to City of a Thousand Dolls! Even though I've heard discouraging reviews about it, I am keeping my hopes up~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, with books I'm anticipating, I like to read it and make up my own mind.

      Delete
  2. So many good books on this list! I want to read at least one from each month (and sometimes more than that). You've been so proactive in listing them all - good luck! Happy reading in 2013. *grin*

    p.s. I have a feeling that December will take care of itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I was regretting trying to make an organized list by the end. I think my choice that surprised me most is MAID OF SECRETS, since I'm not a big historical fan. But the summary promised thieves and swashbuckling, which are things I love in fantasy, so why not give it a try?

      And I'm sure I'll have a billion books I want in December by the time it rolls around. It might actually be relieving to have a month I was uninterested in.

      Delete
  3. I just finished Hooked and am dying for Shades of Earth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on tenterhooks! How in the world will Revis end it?

      And BTW, Level 2 wasn't on the list because I already have a copy. It is definitely worthy of anticipation.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for Indigo Spell either.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some people aren't as big on Bloodlines as Vampire Academy, but I've really been enjoying the series.

      Delete
  5. Nice picks! i really want to read Paper Valentine too. I think Doll Bones and All Our Pretty Songs look great as well, though.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Our Pretty Songs looks so cool, and I didn't even know about it until I started looking closer at upcoming debuts.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...