November 12, 2013

KidLitCon, briefly

I attended KidLitCon this weekend, in beautiful Austin, TX.  I arrived to the precon a little late on Friday because I got to gabbing with a friend, but after that my weekend was all about the con.

I grabbed several books, dumped a bag of books I brought to pass on, and got to talking to people!  Then, on Saturday, I attended panels on topics such as critical reviewing, diversity, burnout, and middle grade books.  I've been thinking a lot of thoughts since then, about what changes I can implement on IBWB.  I'm definitely going to start maintaining more lists, per Lee Wind and Charlotte.

And honestly, it was just nice to meet people.  Jennifer Donovan, as it turns out, lives close to where I work.  Molly Blaisdell has a book coming out in 2014, PLUMB CRAZY, that sounds right up my alley.

Plus, there's nothing like a group of people that knows each other's blog names better than their real names.

If you have the opportunity to go next year, I highly recommend it.

12 comments:

  1. It is funny when people know blog names. It becomes your identity. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great meeting you! And nice to know real names AND blog names, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to know both - of course, yours is in your blog name!

      Delete
  3. So glad that you could make it! Hope you grabbed some fun books to blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad to have met you! I thought I had grabbed lots of books while lugging them through the airport, but was rather relieved to get home and find it wasn't as many as I had thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I met you too! And, uh, I think I grabbed just as many as I thought I did. (I have a problem.)

      Delete
  5. It was great to meet you after getting to know you through various blog comments at Guys Lit Wire. :) Hope you can make it next year, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to, but it's unlikely! It was nice meeting you too.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed meeting you! Thank you for suggested reading. I also love lists.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...