August 9, 2010

Review: The Iron Daughter

I start my job today! I am finally employed!

By Julie Kagawa
Available now from HarlequinTEEN
Read my review of THE IRON KING
Review copy

The Iron Daughter (Harlequin Teen)

As you might recall from my review, I wasn't big on THE IRON KING. As I was interested in the quest, I decided to try THE IRON DAUGHTER anyway. I didn't finish it because the first part did nothing to change my mind about the series.

Meghan Chase and Ash are together now, but because of their agreement she must stay in his mother's treacherous Winter Court. He gives her several warnings about the situation she's gotten herself into. Instead of trusting him, Meghan proceeds to draw attention to herself and their relationship.

There could be potential in the court. After all, Ash has several conniving brothers who aren't happy that the youngest is the favorite. The queen herself has all those issues with Oberon. But the Winter Court is quickly dispensed with (and several potentially interesting characters - as set up in the beginning - are killed) and the real story begins when Meghan continues her quest.

At this point, I closed the book to go do something. It's been quite awhile now and I haven't bothered to pick it back up and doubt if I ever will. I know several people have been enjoying the Iron Fey series, and more power to them. But I don't think Julie Kagawa's works are for me.

5 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to the court part of it too. Sad to hear it doesn't make up much of the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honesty. I have the second novel on my shelf but haven't picked it up because I haven't read the first one yet. Truth to be said, I am wary to read the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lenore: It may come back? I can't say for sure, since I didn't finish.

    @Diana: Just keep an open mind. I don't want to stop anyone from enjoying their own reading. But most of the people I know who love it usually say something like, "I don't read fairy books, but . . ." I think some of my frustration stems from being really familiar with the genre and not having anything about Kagawa's take jump out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Yours is the first negative review I read...funny how everyone takes a book in so differently. For example, I hated Hush, Hush but everyone else seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did like HUSH, HUSH.

    That's why I think detailed reviews are important. One person's reason for disliking a book could be something you love in stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...