October 6, 2012

Ebook Sales, Some Today Only!

Normally I don't post Kindle Daily Deals, but today you can get several Mary Downing Hahn ghost stories for $1.99.  I adore Hahn, and all of these books are perfect October reads.

American Gods Hairstyles of the Damned The Sisters Brothers The Killing Moon Ruby Red

Other books on sale I recommend:

  • AMERICAN GODS by Neil Gaiman:  An old favorite, this tenth-anniversary edition includes video and audio.  (Hilarious companion novel ANANSI BOYS is only $6.99.)
  • ZOMBIE by Joyce Carol Oates: Novellas are making a comeback and this creepy read is a good place to start exploring the form.
  • COLD CEREAL by Adam Rex: Read my review.
  • HAIRSTYLES OF THE DAMNED by Joe Meno: A bildungsroman for Stephanie Kuehnert fans.
  • FEED by Mira Grant (aka Seanan McGuire):  Zombies!  This one is a Hugo nominee, as is its sequel.  I haven't read them yet, but love Grant's books as McGuire.
  • SOULLESS by Gail Carriger: I have some issues with this series, but notable for steampunk fans.
  • SANDMAN SLIM by Richard Kadrey: The second (KILL THE DEAD) and third (ALOHA FROM HELL) books of this urban fantasy series are on sale too, plus there's a free short story ("Devil in the Dollhouse").
  • BLADE SONG by J.C. Daniels (Shiloh Walker): Haven't read this one yet, but the reviews are great.
  • THE SISTERS BROTHERS by Patrick deWitt: This comic Western made big waves in the literary community last year.
  • AU REVOIR, CRAZY EUROPEAN CHICK by Joe Schreiber: I am reviewing the sequel (PERRY'S KILLER PLAYLIST) to this contemporary action-comedy next month.
  • THE KILLING MOON by N. K. Jemisin:  This one was frequently recommended during the A More Diverse Universe Tour.
  • BILLY LYNN'S LONG HALFTIME WALK by Ben Fountain: I've recommended this one several times already.  Please buy it if you haven't.
  • DEAR BULLY edited by Megan Kelley Hall and Carrie Jones: October is anti-bullying month and a great time to read this collection by seventy young adult authors.
  • GUYS READ: FUNNY BUSINESS edited by Jon Scieszka: A good anthology for reluctant readers of any gender.
  • RUBY RED by Kerstin Geir (translated by Anthea Bell): I don't know whether I want to read this YA time travel romance or not, but I love the cover.

4 comments:

  1. I just did The Sisters Brothers on audiobook and wish that I had done it as a visual read. The book had such a lovely narrative style I wish I could have experienced it in a way that allowed me to write quotes down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, that's something I never thought about being more difficult with audiobooks, but makes sense. But I've heard such nice things about the book that I was super excited when it went on sale.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I really wish I had an e-reader. I do want to check out Feed and Soulless at some point. I read Hairstyles of the Damned a long time ago...didn't really like it as much as I'd hoped. Weird, since it seems like my perfect read. LOL

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you need to read ebooks is a computer - no dedicated device necessary! (And then, when you get an ereader, you already have a library!)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...