August 25, 2012

I love this article about the BSC

Claudia, Queen of the Seventh Grade So, over at The Atlantic, there's an artile titled "The Legacy of 'The Baby-Sitters Club'" and it is brilliant.  Jen Doll really did her homework on the long-running series.  The BSC was never my jam, but my older sister devoured everything Ann M. Martin.  And I'll admit to having a soft spot for CLAUDIA, QUEEN OF THE SEVENTH GRADE, the book where Claudia gets held back.

Crazy fact: David Levithan made and kept the BSC bible as an intern.  Between this and Diadem,  I'm starting to think he was involved in everything I read in elementary.  (That's right, I'm onto you Levithan.)

(via School Library Journal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...