May 2, 2013

Review Preview: The Love Wars

The Love Wars By L. Alison Heller
Available May 7 from NAL Trade (Penguin)
Review copy

I am sorry guys.  I thought I had enough prepped on this week's reviews that I could just knock them out.  But I got a full-time job (yay!) and adjusting to waking up in the dark hours of the morning to drive across town is more difficult than I expected.

Part of the fun of THE LOVE WARS is that there's more emphasis on Molly Grant's job than I expected.  The romance subplot is secondary, maybe even tertiary.  It's all about Molly finding out what kind of lawyer she wants to be.  I also loved that THE LOVE WARS didn't humiliate her as some chick lit loves to do.  She embroils herself in a wacky scheme, but she manages to do so without breaking the law or otherwise setting herself up for a truly horrid fall.

But I have no idea what playing cards have to do with the price of beans in Cairo.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you found a full-time job...and I absolutely hear you about having to wake up very early (or, in my case, even moderately early!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! It might be short, but the review's good and detailed enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on the job! I'm so happy for you - best of luck with the transition!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...