April 23, 2020

Review: Kendra Scott Literacy Charm

Back in March, I purchased the Kendra Scott Literacy Charm as a birthday gift to myself.

Turns out it is difficult to take a picture of a bracelet on the wrist of your dominant hand.

50% of the proceeds of this charm benefit First Book, a program I've championed on this blog before. Each charm sold provides a book to a child in need.

Kendra Scott is distributing 2,000 books through First Book to children affected by the COVID-19 crisis, so any purchase of this charm has an immediate impact.

The Kendra Scott Literacy charm is available in gold, rose gold, vintage silver, and vintage gold. I purchased the vintage silver charm to match my charm bracelet.

The included removable bail is very easy to use. You flip it open, place it around the desired link in a bracelet or around a necklace chain, and then close it. It is very secure and I don't think it would come undone on its own.

As for the charm itself, it is heavier than my James Avery charms. I wouldn't do a whole bracelet of Kendra Scott charms. But a few won't cause a bracelet to weigh too much. The front of the charm is stamped with the Kendra Scott symbol and you can open it to read the words "Be Kind. Do Good."

Opened charm
Closed charm
I like seeing this charm on my bracelet. It represents my love of books and helps engender that love within a new generation. I think it was worth the $35 I paid for it and will hang on my charm bracelet for a long time to come. I recommend the Kendra Scott Literacy Charm to any book lover.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...