May 8, 2021

Review: Dinosaurs: A Smithsonian Coloring Book

Dinosaurs: A Smithsonian Coloring Book
Illustrated by Rachel Curtis
Available now from IDW Publishing
Review copy

Dinosaurs: A Smithsonian Coloring Book combines facts with full-page coloring. Like many adult coloring books, there is only one coloring page per spread. However, the facing page isn't wasted. Instead, it is filled with facts collected by employees of the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History. Much has been learned about dinosaurs since my childhood, and I felt like I learned something. There are also colorable borders around the facts.

The art itself is lovely and no space is wasted - the art goes all the way off the page. There are lots of fine details giving the dinosaurs and their environments texture. This works well for me, but I think this book would be frustrating for young children who like dinosaurs. It also might not be good for those with motor control issues.

The paper is nice and holds up well to both crayons and colored pencils. It even holds up okay to markers, although there is a little bleeding. Overall, it is a well-constructed coloring book. These are not perforated pages, which I don't mind as I don't decorate with my coloring.

I think Dinosaurs is a terrific coloring book for adult coloring fans. The ink illustrations are so lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...