March 12, 2011

Codex Alera

Hey guys! My allergies are really knocking me for a loop right now, so I don't have much to say. I am enjoying the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher. I just started the fourth book, CAPTAIN'S FURY. It's the last one I bought, so I'm making a quick run to the bookstore so I can be prepared when I finish! (Jim Butcher's books may be really long, but they're quick reads. Ridiculously quick, honestly.)

Captain's Fury (Codex Alera, Book 4)

Unfortunately, I'm stuck looking in used bookstores because I bought the mass market paperback right before they switched to selling the series in that awful venti size. MY BOOKS MUST MATCH. (So they don't always. I prefer for them to match. My Megan Whalen Turners are particularly disgraceful - they're all different trim sizes!)

First Lord's Fury (Codex Alera)

I just looked at Amazon, and I'm quite sad because the last book was never released in mass market. I'm doomed! But they have the hardcover of sale for $4.38, which is a ridiculously good price. I'm adding it to my wishlist in case I don't find it at Half-Price.

Hopefully, I'll be visiting North Dakota soon to see my niece and nephew. The nephew is about to turn one!

Have a picture from last summer of my adorable niece and all the barrettes she made me put in her hair:


ETA: Maureen Johnson is hosting a drive for Shelterbox. If you've been looking for a place to donate in light of recent events, you might check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...