March 4, 2012

In My Mailbox (On My Porch, More Accurately)


Book CoverEarly in the week I noticed that A ROYAL MESS by Tyne O'Connell was on sale for the Kindle. It looked cute, but was clearly the second in a series. I looked up the first one, A ROYAL MATCH, and found that the paperback was both on sale and eligible for a 4-for-3 promotion. So I searched other eligible bargain books and decided to buy KLEPTO by Jenny Pollack and ALMOST FABULOUS and TOTALLY FABULOUS by Michelle Radford. Considering A ROYAL MESS and A ROYAL MATCH were originally published as four books, I bought seven books for less than ten dollars.

Then I got a package from Penguin! It included GILT by debut author Katherine Longshore. Historical fiction isn't really my thing, but GILT looks super swoony and I have a weak spot for King Henry VIII. (I blame CATHERINE, CALLED BIRDY and Hampton Court.) There was also SOULBOUND, the first book in Heather Brewer's new series Legacy of Tril. I enjoyed The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, so I am excited for this one. But you know what's even more exciting?

BITTERBLUE.

Yep, I have BITTERBLUE by Kristin Cashore on my bookshelf. I might've gone crazy with joy for a few minutes when I opened the package. (But don't ask anything. My lips are sealed.)

I still had some Barnes & Noble giftcards left from Christmas, so I decided a visit to the bookstore was in order. I ended up at the 2-for-3 table. I decided on SWAMPLANDIA! by Karen Russell and A VISIT FROM THE GOON SQUAD by Jennifer Egan because I keep hearing awesome things about both. I completed the deal with HOUSE OF THE SCORPION by Nancy Farmer, an old favorite.

What's in your mailbox this week?

6 comments:

  1. New follower. So jealous that you got Bitterblue. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post! It looks like you got some great books this week. I read Goon Squad last year and really enjoyed it, I hope you do too!

    Stephanie
    Follow back/Check out my latest post @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week! And awesome deal on them!

    Happy Reading!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool that you got Gilt! I'd love to read that when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great looking haul! I am going to have to check out some of those books...

    Thanks for sharing!
    http://www.paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you got a bunch of exciting reads! Everyone's freaking out over Bitterblue... I haven't even read Graceling (but it's been on my shelf for years) yet! I should do that soon... lol

    Marie @ Marie Loves Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...