December 17, 2012

Movie Monday: Lesson Zero

My Little Pony "Lesson Zero" is an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that was packaged with a small Twilight Sparkle my mom bought for my niece.  I think I have now seen the episode ten times.

It's pretty cute - the animation is smooth and colorful.  The moral is delivered clunkily, with the characters actually narrating what they learned, but I'll let it slide because it's a kid's show.  It's the only episode of the show I've seen, but I liked that all the characters had clearly defined personalities.  I can definitely be a bit of a Twilight Sparkle myself.

I don't think I'd watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic by myself like a brony, but there are certainly worse things I could watch with my niece.

Do you spend any time with kids?  What shows do you like to watch with them?  (Or movies - I just don't think about the movies much because my niece won't sit through one.  Oddly, my nephew will and he's the younger one.)

4 comments:

  1. I know a brony, actually. Glad it wasn't too of a show to watch with your niece! My niece and nephew are still pretty young in terms of sitting and watching things...but I've always loved Arthur and Winnie-the-Pooh so I'd watch those shows with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Arthur with them, but they love having me read their Arthur books!

      Delete
  2. So far we just watch a lot of Dora and Diego but I think my son is almost old enough for the Disney animated movies - I love all of them so am definitely looking forward to starting that phase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nephew (2 1/2) will sit through a Disney movie, but my niece (5) just won't.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...