January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

1. I want to be more organized than I have been this past semester.

My HOLD STILL/survey contest ended November 30th, and I'm just now announcing the winner! It's The Book Vixen!

I've been trying to keep track of stuff I need to review, but I've been shifting around a lot between my homes. If I owe you a review, please contact me.

Last year my blogiversary went well, but I want to do it even better this year. The first round of invites have gone out, to the Tenners and to the members of Class of 2k10 who listed their e-mails on their respective organizations' sites. The next round will go to authors who have previously guested on IBWB. If you are not in one of these three groups and would like to participate, please contact me.

2. I've always aimed for high quality content. But I acknowledge that one aspect of quality is turning out your product on a regular schedule. My goal is to post at least one review and one other post per week.

3. I want to complete at least two challenges this year. Last year I participated in two challenges.

The first was The V.C. Andrews Movement, hosted by Taren. My used bookstores never seemed to have the right VCA books on clearance. Eventually, I bought some at a three-for-five-pounds sale, but I never read them. I failed this challenged miserably.

I also participated in the '09 Debut Authors Challenge, hosted by The Story Siren. My goal was 30 books. At my last update, I had finished 21.

22. The Real Real by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
23. The Pillow Book of Lotus Lowenstein by Libby Schmais
24. The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
25. The Hollow by Jessica Verday
26. Lockdown: Escape from Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith

I owned more debut YA and MG books, but didn't get to them. I finished the year a mere four books short of my goal. So next year I hope to not just enter two challenges, but to succeed in them.

4. I hope to find a layout that both my readers and I like.

8 comments:

  1. Webmaster, I love your site. Thank you sooo much for working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anon. However, I'm not sure I've earned the title of webmaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that what you've got here (visually) is pretty fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not that I know much, but I think the layout is nice. The colors look great, and the banner at the top is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks J. Kaye!

    Beth and Julie - I like this layout too. I think it's clean, easy to navigate, and I'm amused by the banner. But the number one thing people said on my survey was that they disliked the layout, which unnerved me. If I did change it, it would be to something similar. Anything too busy or dark is hard on my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I just became a part of this forum here and I would like to be a member of it. Just love the environment here. Good work by the mods and every member here. I like the quality of messages posted by memebers and hope I can do that for you all too. Just to start off, I found a great site called [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com]home business opportunity[/url] that reviews various good home business opportunity . Anyway website owner earn's more than up to 15K USD month. He found some very cool home business ideas. Because I found that these home business reviews worked for me I decided to post it here so you also can earn some extra bucks in your free time. Owner of this site also found very simple way earn some extra money just taking [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Surveys-For-Money.html]surveys for money[/url]. Anyway if you need to make some extra money feel free to check out this site. Hope you guys like it. Anyway, look forward to great conversation and hanging out here often. www.home-businessreviews.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...