|Banner by Nina @ Nina Reads|
- Will you visit In Bed With Books after ABEA is over?
- What made you want or not want to return?
- Are there any features of IBWB that you think are really cool?
- What do you think of the layout?
- What could I change to improve IBWB?
And now, my top five book blogging tips!
- Never, ever turn on reCAPTCHA or whatever your blog's equivalent is. It makes it hard to post comments, especially when you have to try three times to answer correctly like me. If you want to build a community, don't make it hard to take part. (ETA: If you have a spam problem, turn on comment moderation instead.)
- Don't clutter your sidebar(s). A clean layout loads faster and is easier to follow.
- Always credit. Did you take a graphic from somewhere? Add a caption. Did someone's review affect your perception of the book? Link it. Are you paraphrasing someone? Link the original. Are you quoting someone? State who you're quoting. It doesn't take more than a couple of seconds to give proper credit. Thievery is not cool.
- Keep sticky notes handy or tear a piece of paper into little bits to serve as markers. Use these to tag pages with important quotes or events that represent the beginning, middle, and end of the story. Doesn't have to be many; I usually tag three to five things. Before writing your review, read those pages. By the time you're done reading, you might've forgotten how the book began.
- Visit blogs that aren't on your blogroll at least once a week. Seeing something fresh can spark your creativity.