February 5, 2012

In My Mailbox (I Don't Number)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren. Bloggers share books they've received for review, bought, won it contests, etc.

This week I took a trip down to the used bookstore and bought myself some clearance books.

Book CoverI bought SHADOW'S EDGE, the second in the Night Angel trilogy, by Brent Weeks. I bought the ebook of THE WAY OF SHADOWS while it was on sale and enjoyed it, despite finding the ending somewhat rushed and messy. I still wanted to keep reading!

Book CoverI found a great old copy of Dodie Smith's 101 DALMATIONS. If you've only seen the Disney movie(s), do yourself a favor and read this one. (Also, read I CAPTURE THE CASTLE. Scratch that, read anything by Dodie Smith. She's grand.)


Book CoverThere was also a copy of AKATA WITCH for only a dollar! Nnedi Okorafor seems like a real It Girl of SF literature right now - I keep hearing her name. AKATA WITCH is her YA debut (I believe) and it's been getting a lot of hype. I was really excited by this find.

I also bought a few single-issue comics: Birds of Prey #10 by Gail Simone; Batman Streets of Gotham #14 by Paul Dini; Batgirl #19 and 20 by Brian Q. Miller; and Robin III: Cry of the Huntress #3 and #6 by Chuck Dixon.

Book CoverI received a copy of FRESHMAN YEAR AND OTHER UNNATURAL DISASTERS by Meredith Zeitlin to review. I think this one looks super cute!

Book CoverBook CoverI also agreed to be the blogger correspondant for the Dallas stop of the Breathless Reads tour. I received the books for the tour last Saturday, but I'm throwing them in this weeks collection anyway. They include: LEGEND by Marie Lu, BLOODROSE by Andrea Cremer, A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis, and BORN WICKED by Jessica Spotswood. I will be posting reviews of these books as the event approaches. The event is February 23rd at the Barnes and Noble in Stonebriar Mall, Frisco. I've been to an event at this B&N before and it's a nice space. I hope to see some of ya'll there!

Coming next week:
-The debut of a new Monday feature
-A review of CHOPSTICKS by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral
-More!

3 comments:

  1. Great Books! I can not wait for Born wicked!!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about making the road trip to Dallas for the Breathless Reads stop. I love Beth Revis and Andrea Cremer and I'm dying to read Born Wicked. Lucky lucky.
    Have fun!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    P.S. Your title parentheses - "I don't number" totally cracked me up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! I so want to read Born Wicked and Zeitlin's book. Hope you love them.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...