February 22, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday: This One Doesn't Even Have a Cover Yet

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a meme began by Jill of Breaking the Spine.

Christa Desir announced on February 1st that her graphic, short, dark, soul-rending novel TRAINWRECK will be available sometime in Fall 2013 from SimonPulse. This one looks like it will break my heart, but I still want to read it.

Eighteen-year old Ben Baptiste decides not to go to the party with his girlfriend, Ani. He’s not there when two strangers pour her drinks and brag about the upcoming “ride.” He misses her table dance, her announcement of a plan to hook up with half the guys in the room, and finding her passed out three hours later with no memory of the night.

But when doctors surgically remove a lighter left inside Ani, he's there. When whispers of "Firecrotch" and "Manhole" follow Ani down the school halls, he's there. When Ani begs him to make her forget, but then cries as he whispers, "I love you," he's there. And when his best friend tells him Ani's messing around with other guys, he is there.

Ben doesn't know how to fix Ani. But he is there.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, does this one sound good! Thank you for sharing this! Definitely adding to my TBR list :)

    New follower!

    My Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Meghan. It really sounds good. : )

    Happy Wednesday!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this one sounds like I'm going to need a box of kleenex close by!

    Kelly
    Waiting on Wednesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, this one sounds super intense. I don't think it's going on my list, but I'll keep an eye out for your review (in 2013!). Interesting pick.

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...