September 9, 2012

K.I.D.S.

K.I.D.S. stands for Kids in Distressed Situations.  This charity provides new clothes (including shoes), books, toys, and more to children - to the tune of over a billion dollars worth of stuff given away since 1985.  As of 2010, K.I.D.S. reached 30% of the children living in poverty in the US.  The kids aided by K.I.D.S. live in areas struck by natural disasters, areas with chronic poverty, or have families that suffered something distressing.  Many of the books K.I.D.S. donates go to after-school tutoring programs and Native American communities.

There are many ways to get involved, and one of K.I.D.S.'s cornerstones is partnerships with retailers.  Click here for a list of places you can shop to help.

Here are three current campaigns:
From now through September 25, for every pair or package of socks bought at Stride Rite (in NY, TX, or FL) one will be donated to K.I.D.S.
From now through October 23, for every purchase of select products from Garnet Hill, $20 in merchandise will be donated to K.I.D.S.
For free, you can upload a happy baby photo to Baby Einstein.  For every photo, $1 will be donated to K.I.D.S. (up to $25,000).

K.I.D.S. has a four-star rating from Charity Navigator.

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard of this wonderful program until now! Thank you for sharing this, I'm going to check out the links <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It really is a great cause to support.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...